Stockport Medical Group
Edgeley Medical Practice | Delamere Practice | Lowfield Surgery
All of our sites are accessible to patients using a wheelchair. For patients with hearing problems there is a hearing loop system available.
All incoming and outgoing calls will be recorded for training and monitoring purpose and stored with your medical record. If you do not wish for this to happen you will need to terminate the call and put your request in via Engage Consult. Please refer to our privacy notice for further information.
Access to General Practice
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
The practice is open and if you need to see your GP, please send us an Engage Consult request (see below) or if you do not have IT technology then please telephone 0161 9835333 to arrange an initial telephone/video appointment. If through mutual agreement you and the clinician decide that you do need to come into the practice, this face to face appointment will be made for you.
You can also call NHS 111.
Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment. Our doors are now on an intercom system and access will only be granted for those with prearranged appointments and wearing of a face covering.
If you are waiting for a check-up, please be assured we will be in touch.
Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, online and over the telephone. If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering.
Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery.
When to Wear a Face Covering and How to Make a face Covering
Registered Patients of the Practice Only - Request Help with Online Consultation - Its Simple, Safe and Personal
For both Medical and Admin Support including all Appointment requests.
When you send an Engage Consult request this is the same as booking an APPOINTMENT, you DO NOT need to telephone the practice as we will contact you on the same working day.
Engage Online Consultation
**Registered Patients Only**
We are pleased to announce we are improving our service delivery and we will be offering you the ability to interact with us by Online Consultation. We have listened to our patients and acknowledged the frustrations of trying to contact us via the very busy telephone system. We have been struggling with an inferior telephony system for some years and although we are please to announce that the telephony system will be updated in the summer, we felt it was beneficial if we also improve our booking process for our patients to offer a more efficient and safe service.
Covid-19 Outbreak has demonstrated that there are many ways we can access services safely. Engage Online Consultation will enable you to access our medical help and support from the safety of your own home.
- Are you fed up of not being able to get through on the telephone and wasting valuable time and effort?
- Do you struggle to get an appointment at a time that's convenient for you?
- Are you busy at work or Uni and find accessing the surgery difficult?
- Are you away from home (even out of the country) and need medical support from us?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions then Online Consultation if for you.
Our new service will offer a number of Benefits:
- It is as easy as shopping or banking online and will save you time and a journey.
- No more waiting on the telephone.
- Online form for all of your medical and non medical needs that is quick and easy to use.
- Same day response by the practice, to ensure your needs are met quickly.
- All medical needs are dealt with by an appropriate clinician within 4 hrs of receipt (provided it is received in our core opening hours).
- GP will have valuable medical information prior to contacting you, which will help them to deal with all your medical concerns.
- A choice of communication methods are available to you such as two way messaging via the Engage Consult application, telephone consultation, video consultation or through mutual agreement a face to face appointment.
- Greater flexibility for patients to be able to access our service, with minimal disruption to your normal daily life.
- Reduce the need to come to the practice and therefore reduce the risk to yourself to contracting any viruses.
- As all patients who are able to access services remotely do so this will help to free the telephones for those patients who are vulnerable and less able to access online services.
- You can easily find relevant information about your condition or symptoms to help you self-manage.
- 24/7 access.
To get the best from the Practice, we recommend:
- Make Engage Consult the first place you visit when needing help from the practice.
- Make the Engage Consult website a favourite on your PC/Smartphone/Tablet, to ensure you can find this easily.
- Please take the 5-10 minutes to complete the medical questions as fully as possible. The more information the clinician has prior to contacting you the better the outcome will be for you.
- If you have a rash or a mole that you want us to see, please take a picture with a ruler by the side so we can gauge the size, before you start the questions. You can then upload the picture securely for us to see.
We would like patients to provide us with feedback of this system, so that we can continually improve the service, you can do this by emailing the practice.
Thank you from the team at Stockport Medical Group
(Site updated 08/10/2020)